Friday, September 08, 2006

09 07 06 Hearts recieved

When I first joined the COH Susie Watts sent me a heart without seeing anything I had embroidered. I love this heart, it is so quiet and peaceful..neat and calm. When I scanned the hearts not too long ago i put them on flickr thinking that they would get more exposure that way, but I have decided that they belong here as well....after all this is getting to be the real record of my stitching experiencec, and the swap is part of that.

This is Susie's heart for me.




TRhis next heart is from Belinda Sweeney and i think there is already a picture of it on the blog, but since i like to be organized( roflmao) i want to keep all the hearts i have recieved so far in a row.....ggg..this is the second heart I got and it was a surprise. WOW! Can you imagine getting this unexpectedly...isn;t it gorgeous?




The next two hearts I recieved on the same day...I opened the one from Norma Harris first, so i will show it first....i love hardanger, and this is just the perfect heart for me.. her work is so lovely...it couldn;t be more elegant in my book!




And this wonderful heart is from Kathleen Casey for whom i shall always have a soft spot.....look closely and you will see all the buttonholes stitch flowers behind the ribbon sunflower, and you will also see the other buttonhole on the right side. I think it is a fence, but what it REALLY is is a supreme effort to master a stitch and put something wonderful on a heart. I adore this effort, and i adore the end result.



If you like these hearts, please visit the sites of the gals that made them and let them know-

  • Susie W's site

  • Bear's Den

  • Norma's Blog


  • Not sure if Kathleen has a url for a blog or flickr account or not, am waiting to hear from her, so in the meantime, if you wouldlike, please comment under her picture and i will make sure she gets the compliments! OF COURSE they will be complements!

    ktj